Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Challenge # 4 - Halloween & Kids' Birthday Celebrations

I have been having a difficult time staying within my points this week which makes me very nervous to step on the scale tomorrow morning.

My children celebrated their birthday last Thursday so between numerous celebrations for them and Halloween (yesterday), there have been many temptations in our house and in our lives lately!!  Where to start?

1. Thursday night we took the kiddies out to celebrate their birthday.  We let them choose the location and they chose a restaurant that doesn't offer many low calorie or low point items.  I have already posted about this restaurant in the past (see my "OMG, the veggie burger is how much" post) and while their menu looks like they have some healthier options, the nutritional info on their website says otherwise.  I was a bit worried about going again so I studied their website and tried to find a few other options besides the high fat veggie burger.  I came up with two options which would have kept me within my points for the day.  Unfortunately, what I didn't realize was that the specific restaurant they chose is one a "tester" restaurant.  It is one of their restaurants where they test out new menu items.  The options I chose weren't even on their menu.  Quite a few new items were though.  They even had a section with menu items that were fewer then 600 calories.  Sounds good BUT there was not other nutritional info (i.e. fat, fibre, protein etc).  In the end I ordered from the "less than 600 calories" section.  It was a 1/2 portion of pasta with a tonne of veggies and a salad on the side.  The meal wasn't anything special but it filled me up and I *think* I stayed within my points.


2. There were numerous other birthday celebrations which included some tasty little cupcakes.  Everyone around me (adults and kids) said they were delicious.  I ended up giving in and having half of one.  Was it worth the points?  I don't think so.  


3. Halloween.  Need I say more?  Even if you don't like chocolate or have a sweet tooth, those little tiny bite size chocolates are very tempting.  I think I ended up having about 5 or 6.  Oops!!


So, wish me luck tomorrow morning.  I would love to lose a pound (or two) but I would be very happy if I just stayed the same and didn't gain anything!  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment