Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Belly, belly go away....

This afternoon, while the girls were happily chanting the song "Rain, rain, go away", I was singing (in my head) "Belly, belly go away" but NOT to come back another day.


This damn belly of mine is getting in the way and I am not happy with it at all.


When I was younger (teenage years & my 20's) and I was unhappy with my weight I was still blessed with a rather flat tummy.  My friends even commented on it.  I wouldn't wear tummy shirts and show off my tummy or anything but it was still relatively flat.  I still remember when body suits were in style (in my 20's) and I would wear jeans and a bodysuit to show off my flat tummy.  Well, not these days!!!


I am now cursed with a rather large belly.  I think it must have something to do with carrying two babies (at the same time).  I managed to actually lose a lot of weight while off for a year on maternity leave and I ended up being smaller then I was pre-pregnancy.  Unfortunately though, in the past 4 years, I have put on 50 pounds.  Sadly, a lot of it, has gone to my belly.  I think it is because that area of my body was so stretched out from being pregnant that it was a perfect area for all the extra fat to go.  


While I know that this is the worst area to gain weight (so my doctor has reminded me), it is also a very uncomfortable area to gain weight too.  Actually, it is rather embarrassing sometimes.


Let me give you some examples: 
1. Today my girls and I decided to go outside in the driveway to play jump rope.  I had to move my car onto the street so they could have more room.  When I was done moving the car, I put the keys into my pocket.  A short while later, while squatting down to help one of my girls fix something, my car started beeping at me.  Yup, you heard it - my car beeped at me.  Every time I leaned over to help her, my car would beep.  My stupid belly fat kept rolling onto my car keys and hitting the "door lock" button on the key chain so the car would then in turn beep saying "yup, thanks for that, I am locked now"....over and over and over again!!  Great party trick that is, eh?!
  
2. Awhile ago while I was getting my children dressed and ready for school, I decided that they were done needing my help and I would go and get myself changed and ready.  It was a Friday which meant I could wear jeans to work.  I managed to get my jeans and bra on before one of them yelled from the bathroom.  I don't remember what the problem was (it wasn't an emergency I can assure you that) but it meant that I was in the bathroom, in front of the huge ass mirror in only a bra and jeans.  I had to bend over for whatever reason and, well, sadly, while in a fitting pair of jeans, some of my belly fat decided to roll over my jeans.  Not pretty.  What was more embarrassing was my daughter, pointing to the roll saying "Mommy, what is that"?  I still don't recall what I told her but I do remember thinking to myself "I hope she never has to learn first hand what this actually is".
3. Back to today.  After dinner, the girls and I were about to go for our evening walk around the block.  We have started doing this a few nights a week which we all really enjoy.  Anyway, we were standing in front of the full-length mirror in the entrance and one of my daughters started showing me how she jumps skip rope, minus the skip rope of course.  She then asked me to try.  Well, I did.  Thank god I was fully clothed and wearing a jacket because it was not pretty what my belly was doing when I was jumping up and down.  


I could give you more examples but they are all rather embarrassing.  Add to the fact that I can't zip or button up a lot of my jackets around my belly anymore.  It sucks and is just one more reason why I need to lose this weight.  As soon as possible.  


Belly, belly, go away.  Don't come back another day!
Belly, belly, go away.  Don't come back another day!  

1 comment:

  1. I've looked at this website a few times, name sounds rather appropriate for you:

    http://www.itaintmeatbabe.com/

    ReplyDelete