Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 1 Results

The first week of my weight loss journey is now over.  Did I find it hard?  Well, it had a few challenges (as you may have read) but I didn't find it too hard.  


First Week 1 Results: Down 4 pounds


Should I celebrate?  While I am happy with the results, I don't see a need to celebrate.  In the past, I have been able to fluctuate 5-6 pounds in a week (and often) so, while this 4 pound loss is lovely, I won't be celebrating just yet.


My next step in this journey is to sign up for the gym at my work.  I was a member at the gym 2 years ago and I really enjoyed it.  The treadmill in that gym is where I completed my Couch to 5K (C25K) program.  I also took part in a few 5k organized runs (i.e. Breast Cancer Run, Santa Shuffle) after learning how to run on the treadmill.  Anyway, I ended up cancelling my membership after about 6 months when they increased the prices and no longer accepted monthly installments.  The price got a bit too high for me in my current financial situation.  It still is a bit high but I decided that I was worth the $300 every 6 months and my health, overall well being and mental state deserved it!


Now if I can just remember to bring my cheque book to work to pay for this.  I am starting in October so it looks like next week I'll be back to lugging my towels and gym clothes back and forth on the bus.  Fun times!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Awesome job my friend!

    ReplyDelete