Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy 39th Birthday to Me!!

Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to Me!
In Exactly One Year,
I am going to be 40!

Yes, today is my birthday and today I turned 39 years old.  I really don't mind turning 39 and getting older.  What I do mind though is how my body has aged.  Ugh.  I can handle a few little wrinkles and the beginning of an age spot on my hand but I what I can't handle is the weight.  My weight is definitely my main concern.  At 39 years old and 5ft3in tall (yes, I am a shorty), I weigh *bleep bleep* pounds.  Yuck!!  

Now you are probably asking yourself, why would someone have a blog on their weight loss journey without telling everyone how much their starting weight is?  Simple - if you know me in real life, and I assume the only ones reading this are people that know me, then you know what I look like.  You may not know exactly how much I weigh but I am going to take a guess that you can see the extra weight on my body.  If my assumptions are correct then you really don't need to know that nasty number from the scale, do you?!  I am going to get pretty personal in this blog but I still think I am going to keep the amount I weigh to myself.  Who knows, if I happen to lose 60-70 pounds in the next year (or so) then maybe I'll finally reveal today's "starting" weight.  I just won't be doing that yet.

Anyway, today is my birthday.  Happy Birthday to me!!  I turn 40 in exactly one year and I have a goal I want to reach by the time I turn that milestone age.  My *realistic goal* is to lose 40 pounds by the time I am 40 years old.  I also have a *dream goal* and that is to lose 60 pounds but I don't want to get ahead of myself.  If I get to my *realistic goal* then I'll start looking forward to my *dream goal*.

So, how do I plan on reaching my goal?  The way it has worked for me in the past is Weight Watchers and counting points.  When you read more about me in this blog, you will find out that my weight has been up and down my entire life.  I don't plan on going to any Weight Watchers meetings but I do plan on tracking what I eat every day and counting my points/calories/fat etc.  I already eat a tonne of fruit and veggies so I will continue to do so.  I also plan on going back to the gym.  Although, I will be honest, the gym and any other form of exercise has never assisted in my weight loss before but it does make for a healthier, more energetic me!!   

Anyway, I better get back to work (I am working from home as my birthday present to myself, a shiny, new $4700 furnace, is being installed).  I shall be back though, don't you worry!!  

T.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment